Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Secret Squirrel Spotted!

DSC_0346

This squirrel was poking around some trash near the fancy restaurant near Astoria Park, nibbling on a little bit of pizza crust. He was so awesome. There was also a toothy homeless guy watching me take the pictures who gave me a real creepy smile, but I didn't get a picture of him.

The squirrel skittered off shortly after I took this shot, I'm guessing to a small hole or hide-away where he keeps his things. His pizza crusts, his apple cores, his tree nuts, his acorn cup that his squirrel wife uses to collect honeydew as a restorative aperitif each morning for him.

His wife loves him, but questions if he is really out collecting food all day or if he is off cavorting with loose rodents. She has her doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment